Thursday, January 26, 2017

The Arts Make America Great - A Picture of Time

I feel I’ve been in hibernation the first month of 2017, with the cold weather, the flu and waiting for art supplies to arrive. And I’ve done a lot of thinking about art in political history. The many women and men around the world that turned out for the Women’s March last weekend was so inspiring. Bringing much needed attention to women's rights, and more. Also, the current administration is calling for the elimination of the National Endowment for the Arts, Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), the National Public Radio (NPR), National Endowment for the Humanities, the EPA and Science funding/media voice.

It feels personal when The Arts, Science, and Woman’s rights are in danger of expression, and you feel that The Arts Make America Great! I’m not intentionally thinking of slanting my art politically but I feel it could affect it. Like this piece, it may not be fully relevant like a great historic painting of the Women’s March, The  Arts, or Science however it does represent strength, growth, and beauty that I see in this movement.
"A Picture of Time"
6"x6”
Oil on board
 

No comments:

Post a Comment